- Diversified Landscape Architecture, Urban Design & Town Planning Studio
- Design focused portfolio including master planned communities, infrastructure & urban renewal projects
- Flexible working arrangements to suit project requirements
- Attractive, friendly working environment within Collins Square - 4 minute walk from Southern Cross Railway Station
Our design studio is home to a highly experienced and creative team who collaborate nationally to deliver a diverse portfolio of exciting urban development, renewal and infrastructure projects in Victoria and Interstate.
Reporting to our Melbourne Planning & Design Design Studio Manager, this is an outstanding career opportunity for an Associate Landscape Architect to contribute to the growth and diversification of SMEC's multidisciplinary Planning and Design team. We are seeking a delivery focused Landscape Architect with the necessary expertise to further broaden the experience of our team, strengthening our urban development business in Victoria and nationally.
This opportunity may suit if you're seeking a flexible work/life arrangement and the chance to be across a broad range of projects and delivery stages, alternatively, you may be interested to take a step up and the chance to learn from industry experts. The position is based in our premium offices close to Southern Cross Station in Docklands.
The successful candidate will ideally have 8 to 10+ years’ experience across the full project life cycle, feasibility and visioning through to construction and delivery. They should have gained involvement in a broad spectrum of project typologies, for example:
- Infill and greenfield residential developments and associated parks, play spaces, 'streetscapes' and urban artworks
- Low and mid-rise apartment developments and medium-high density infill projects in conjunction with leading Melbourne Architects
- Public Realm and Urban Design associated to Major road, rail and infrastructure projects
- Land rehabilitation and regeneration projects and/or
- 3D visualisation work
Candidates will ideally have/possess the following experience/skills/attributes:
- provision of landscape design, documentation and contract administration services for landscape architecture projects
- An eye for quality design and the ability to develop compelling conceptual design work
- Strong graphic communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and an ability to develop design work from concept into quality design documentation
- Tender and construction processes, production of cost estimates and contract documentation
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and InDesign
- Leadership experience plus willingness to grow, mentor others expand your role and SMEC's Landscape Architectural team
- Site supervision and contract administration experience
- Proficiency with Revit, Sketchup, Rhino or V-Ray software tools is not a pre-requisite but would been advantageous
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded. Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC you join a flexible, growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC's Urban Development business unit
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the Urban Communities industry is the result of building long-term client relationships. We partner with and understand the specific needs of our clients and provide integrated consulting services to plan, design, construct and manage complex urban communities and built environment projects.
With over 16,500 employees working out of 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated Urban Communities expertise to our clients worldwide.
Looking ahead, we will continue to strengthen our already established capabilities and enhancing our services across a range of Urban Communities market sectors.
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC Australia recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which we live and work – Australia. We are committed to equitable recruitment practices and as such, encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Learn more about SMEC
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact David Wood – firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.