- Key national leadership role based in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne or Auckland
- Opportunity to work on the most exciting Dams and Hydropower projects across ANZ
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Industry leading globally recognised team
Delivering exceptional outcomes starts with having exceptional people.
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
We are currently seeking an exceptional leader for the role of National Manager – Dams & Hydropower. This is your opportunity to join an industry leader with a strong pipeline of work across some of the most iconic and complex Dams & Hydropower projects in the ANZ.
You will ensure ongoing operational, technical excellence and performance of the Dams & Hydropower market sector with the effect of growing the SMEC Infrastructure function through optimal people, commercial, business development, client relationship management and project performance.
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships and providing leadership.
- With a minimum of 15+ year's experience in a civil engineering environment, you will play a key role in the effective planning and management of the performance of the national team;
- Provide operational, technical and business development direction to support SMEC’s vision and values;
- Manage the national profit and loss for the Dams & Hydropower Market Sector;
- Ensure capability development and mobilisation of national resources;
- Effectively manage national client relationships
Suitable applicants will possess:
- An Industry profile in the Dams and/or Hydropower Sector
- An astute leadership style to manage all aspects of the business unit including finding, positioning, winning and delivering projects for clients
- Well-developed ability to strategically plan with a high level of commercial acumen
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a related discipline
- Co-ordinated, designed and delivered major projects – with proven success
- Co-ordinated and developed major bids
- Demonstrated ability to actively manage and drive performance in diverse teams
SMEC is a growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to diversity, flexible work arrangements, CSR and improving the world we live in.
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our strong capabilities in local markets and expanding presence in global markets has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Helen Kruimel – Helen.Kruimel@smec.com or phone on 0460 410 225
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our website at http://www.smec.com/en_au
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.