Finance Officer - Finance
Job no: 504964
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Hot Jobs, Administration, Accounting and Finance
- Access to a range of professional development opportunities
- Collaborate with our global team of passionate specialists
- Professional mentorship programs, values-driven work environment
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
We are currently seeking a personable Finance Officer in our Brisbane office to provide general transactional services, financial administration and support to our ANZ Finance team and the wider organisation. There will be a strong focus on Accounts Receivable management and debtor’s management plus room for growth providing project finance support to the business.
The role is preferably a full time (5 days/week) permanent appointment.
Working closely with the ANZ Finance team, you will thrive on building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and possess a passion for problem solving and financial reporting.
Key duties include:
- Effective financial administration and general transactional accounting
- Client invoicing, debtor’s management, accounts payable and general transactional financial services for a variety of projects
- Internal and external client management, with a strong focus on debtor management
- High level reporting on complicated general transactional finance issues, with a strong focus on debtors reporting
- Compliance with SMEC financial policies and procedures
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Diploma or Certificate in Finance or professional accounting qualification, preferred
- Potentially some current involvement studying finance
- Experience in a similar role with an understanding of financial reporting and project accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft suite including Excel
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at http://www.smec.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend