- Exciting opportunity for a professional administrator to join the team
- Premium offices located in Fortitude Valley
- Flexible and friendly working environment
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Team Administrator to support our team based at our Brisbane office. With support from the wider admin function, your duties will include but not limited to:
- Independently completing the team's administrative tasks
- Drafting and finalising correspondence, as required
- Collating reports and statistical information and creating PowerPoint presentations
- Preparing, co-ordinating and distributing documents, reports and presentations including: Functional and team reports, pipeline reports, monthly reports, resourcing planning and client material
- Booking travel and training where required
- Reconciling invoices
- Arranging team meetings and taking minutes
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change in the work environment.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- 5+ years' corporate administration experience ideally within an engineering / projects environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks
- Proficient on MS Office tools
- Exposure to proposals / bid assistance would be highly valued however not essential
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
Learn more about SMEC:
How to apply
All applications must be submitted on-line. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Helen Kruimel - Helen.Kruimel@smec.com
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.