- Access to a range of professional development opportunities
- Collaborate with our global team of passionate specialists
- Professional mentorship programs, values-driven work environment
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services
Based in Melbourne, the Senior Finance Manager leads a team of 3 or 4 direct and 2 indirect reports in our Group Finance Corporate team, while taking responsibility for accurate and timely delivery of our Consolidated Group Management Accounts.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the holder of this position needs to be well versed in the art of managing conflicting priorities and delivering outcomes including but not limited to:
- The satisfactory finalisation of annual accounts and audit processes
- Reporting to the BARC, including attendance of meetings as required
- Co-ordination of the annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for the group
- Management of SMEC's financial reporting to Surbana Jurong (SJ) our parent in Singapore
- Managing, leading and developing the Group Finance reporting team
- Ensuring SMEC’s internal processes and procedures are followed across the Group
- Ad-hoc financial queries e.g. due diligence issues, preparation of accounting position papers and other finance related matters
With a minimum of 10 years commercial experience in corporate accounting, you will play a key role in the delivery of quality, professionalism, innovation and excellence across the Group Finance division. With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and outcomes.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Suitably qualified - Chartered Accountant CA / Certified Public Accountant CPA
- >10 years of post-graduate experience
- Demonstrated understanding of risk management and external programs
- Experience in working within complex international and multi-site businesses
- Advanced skills in financial applications
- Professional integrity able to deal appropriately with confidential/sensitive information
- Ability to establish and maintain strong business relationships internally and externally
- Proven capability to deliver a highly efficient and responsive professional service of the highest quality
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact David Wood email@example.com
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at http://www.smec.com.
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC is committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourages applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders decent
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.