- Excellent career trajectory ... immediate start
- Fixed term 6 months contract with a view to a permanent appointment
- Collaborate with our global team of passionate specialists
- Professional mentorship programs, values-driven work environment
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC deliver smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Management Services
Due to our sustained growth plus a recent resignation, we have an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced Finance Manager to work with our other specialists in delivering Financial and Management Reporting for the SMEC Consolidated group.
With a minimum of 7 years’ commercial experience, reporting to the Financial Controller - Group Finance you'll play a key role preparing Financial and Management reports including budgeting, forecasting and reporting of financial transactions, preparing monthly management reports and assisting with the supervision and mentoring of other finance staff.
In addition, the holder of this position will be expected to:
- Manage the monthly group consolidation process and production of Month-end reporting on a timely basis
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure overall compliance with financial reporting statutory requirements
- Analyse monthly reporting (including subsidiary reporting) and resolve issues as they arise
- Review and provide guidance on the preparation of statutory accounts for the Group and its subsidiary companies
- Ensure overall compliance with financial reporting statutory requirements
- Lead and develop the team including assistance with training and supporting the wider Corporate Finance function as needed
- Prepare and assist with ad hoc financial queries, due diligence and reports.
- Review monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Manage general ledger maintenance and ensure internal controls are maintained at the highest levels
- To continually seek to improve SMEC’s financial reporting processes and reports
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Suitably qualified - Chartered Accountant CA / Certified Public Accountant CPA
- Demonstrable experience and success in a similar role
- Experience in an engineering design / infrastructure firm preferred but NOT essential
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to undertake some travel (domestic or international)
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact David Wood email@example.com
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at http://www.smec.com.
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC is committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourages applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders decent
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.