Office Administrator - Cairns
Job no: 505145
Work type: Part Time
- Part time permanent appointment, flexible hours
- Exciting opportunity for an experienced administrator to join the team
- Flexible and friendly working environment
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
We are currently seeking a talented Office Administrator to provide administrative support to our Cairns team.
SMEC supports flexible working arrangements, the days and hours are negotiable dependent on the requirements of the role your lifestyle. As the team continues to grow, there may be an opportunity for full time hours. We encourage qualified applicants who are actively returning to work to apply.
Working closely with key stakeholders in the business and with the broader administrative team, you will thrive on providing efficient and professional administrative support.
To be successful in this role, you will have excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage activities associated with the maintenance of building facilities and equipment, including servicing of office vehicles, administration of building security/access for employees, ordering and stocking of office supplies
- Proactively delivers effective, efficient and accurate administration services, ensuring high levels of customer service are provided to the business
- Proactively provides general administration assistance and support to the Area Manager
- Independently completing the market teams administrative tasks
- Provide assistance to projects in the preparation of project deliverables
- Drafting and finalising correspondence, as required
- Collating reports and statistical information and creating PowerPoint presentations
- Preparing, co-ordinating and distributing documents, reports and presentations including: Functional and team reports, pipeline reports, monthly reports, resourcing planning and client material
- Booking travel and training where required
- Organise events planning
- Reconciling invoices
- Arranging team meetings and taking minutes
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Experience in a similar role
- Relevant administration experience ideally within an engineering / projects / construction / professional services environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks
- Proficient on MS Office tools
- Exposure to proposals / bid assistance would be highly valued however this is not essential
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact David Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our website at http://www.smec.com/en_au
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now