CAD Lead - Roads & Highways
Job no: 508748
Work type: Full Time
Location: Newcastle, Sydney
Categories: Hot Jobs, Drafting and Design
- Exceptional career opportunities in a globally connected organisation
- Be part of an organisation committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which we work
- Flexible work environment with fantastic benefits and professional development opportunities
SMEC is a global engineering, management and development consultancy with a 70-year history of delivering advanced solutions for our clients and partners.
We are a diverse, inclusive and flexible organisation providing incredible opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with collaborative colleagues and leadership teams. As part of the SMEC team you will be presented with opportunities and challenges to advance your career, be connected to a global network of specialists and mentored by leaders who continually strive to make a difference. Together as a team we are redefining exceptional.
Join us – we’re looking for a project based CAD Lead for our Newcastle Roads & Highways team.
The CAD Lead is responsible for a team of civil drafters undertaking drafting tasks to meet client and project requirements. The CAD Lead requires relevant technical specialist skills and experience, including leadership skills to support performance and drive project deliverables.
- Demonstrate advanced technical skills, ensuring that drafting tasks undertaken meet appropriate technical standards and ensure the drawings and/or models are to a level of quality of the client, SMEC and project.
- Apply project management principles in carrying out assigned tasks and accomplish project deliverables to the required standard and in a timely manner.
- At least 7+ years’ professional drafting experience
- Proven ability to undertake key technical tasks independently across a broad range of small to large profile projects
- Ability to successfully monitor and manage the scope and risk of multiple varying size projects and apply business systems
- Sound aptitude to prepare technical reports and prepare proposals on small to medium projects
- Proven time management skills with the ability to plan workloads and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in managing client relationships and expectations
In return, as a member of the Surbana Jurong group with over 16,000 employees worldwide, SMEC offers you the benefits of working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy, in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded. Learn more about our staff benefits here: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
Learn more about SMEC:
SMEC | InFocus | SMEC Foundation
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Sarah De Zilva - Sarah.DeZilva@smec.com
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our website at http://www.smec.com/en_au
All recruitment activities go through our Recruitment & Talent Team function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend