Senior Engineer - Waste and Resource Recovery (BNE)
Job no: 508753
Work type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast
Categories: Waste Management
- Exciting opportunity to join our industry leading Waste and Resource Recovery Team, flexibility to be based in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast
- Work on a variety of infrastructure and circular economy projects both locally and internationally
- Flexible working environment across the business
Delivering exceptional outcomes starts with an exceptional team
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the Waste and Resource Recovery Sector is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental/Civil Engineer to join our growing Waste and Resource Recovery team.
With 5+ years’ experience, you will assist in delivering waste, resource recovery and recycling infrastructure design; construction management projects; provide advisory services, managing client relationships and business development activities.
As a member of a diverse infrastructure design team, there is opportunity to work across multidisciplinary projects.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Project management of waste and resource recovery infrastructure and other related projects
- Engineering input into waste and resource recovery infrastructure designs including organic processing, waste to energy, landfills, materials recycling facilities, resource recovery centres and other design projects
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and key stakeholders
Ideal applicants will have/be:
- Environmental/Civil Engineering qualifications, or similar
- 5+ years' experience as an engineer
- Proven project management and client relationship management capability
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
What we offer
- Flexible work arrangement to support work/life balance
- Ethical client base
- Opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by industry leaders
- Professional Development Programs from graduates to leaders through mixture of inhouse programs and external courses as well as tertiary education financial assistance
- Dynamic career pathways and opportunities to work on projects nationally and internationally
- Purchased additional annual leave
- Generous paid parental leave (primary and secondary)
- Wellbeing benefits
Diversity and Inclusion
SMEC is proud to have been recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in Australia as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality. This citation recognises our active and ongoing commitment to achieving gender equality across our business, and recently we have worked to drive key improvements in flexible work practices, parental leave policies and learning and development programs.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Helen Kruimel email@example.com or phone on 0460 410 225
All recruitment activities go through our Recruitment & Talent function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend