Team Leader - Waste and Resource Recovery (MEL)
Job no: 508755
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Waste Management
- Team leadership role based in Collins Street, Melbourne or Geelong
- Hybrid work environment with attractive benefits
- International consultancy with genuine career growth opportunities
Delivering exceptional outcomes starts with having exceptional people.
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. Our diverse workforce of professionals are highly respected experts in their fields. Challenging boundaries, they look beyond the project scope to help shape a better future.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer/Scientist to take the next career step into a team leadership role within a growing and dynamic business.
As Team Leader, Waste & Resource Recovery you will develop and lead the team to identify, win and deliver projects to a consistently high standard of timeliness, quality and in line with the business plan.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Identifying, winning and delivering waste and resource recovery projects
- Contributing to the growth of the team through targeted client relationship management and business development activity
- Managing the commercial performance of the team
- Effectively managing and leading the team to ensure optimal performance, resourcing, retention and professional development
- Providing input to projects at a project management and/or review level to achieve reliable project performance in terms of both timeliness and quality
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Degree qualified in environmental sciences/engineering or related environment/waste field.
- Industry experience across either environmental monitoring and compliance, waste infrastructure (including landfill) design/construction, or waste strategy and circular economy.
- The ability and desire to lead and mentor a growing team
- Experience delivering technical projects in a design, specialist services and project management capacity.
- Demonstrated commercial experience
- Sound aptitude to prepare technical reports and prepare proposals for a range of projects
SMEC is proud to have been recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in Australia as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality. This citation recognises our active and ongoing commitment to achieving gender equality across our business, and recently we have worked to drive key improvements in flexible work practices, parental leave policies and learning and development programs.
What we offer
- Flexible work arrangement to support work/life balance
- Ethical client base
- Opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by industry leaders
- Professional Development Programs from graduates to leaders through mixture of inhouse programs and external courses as well as tertiary education financial assistance
- Dynamic career pathways and opportunities to work on projects nationally and internationally
- Purchased additional annual leave
- Generous paid parental leave (primary and secondary)
- Wellbeing benefits
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Helen Kruimel firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our website at http://www.smec.com/en_au
All recruitment activities go through our Recruitment & Talent function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend