- Join our growing National Operations Support team
- A multifaceted role where no two days are the same
- Great office culture and team environment
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
SMEC delivers smart solutions for clients and communities in Infrastructure, Urban Development and Energy & Resources driven by a desire to improve the world in which we live. Our diverse and skilled teams are engaged in major projects across Transport, Water, Energy and renewables sectors.
As our ANZ Operations Support team continues to grow, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Office Administrator to join our team in our Melbourne office.
Our office is an energetic and social group that thrives in a team environment. As such, we are interested in hearing from applicants who are not only organised, pragmatic and have a great attitude but are people who will appreciate and contribute to a positive, friendly and collaborative work environment.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support to the front office, reception function, as required and directed by the Office Manager, to ensure that excellent customer service standards are met and a high standard of service delivery is achieved;
- Collating accurate reports and statistical information;
- Preparing, coordinating and distributing accurate documents, reports and presentations in a timely manner;
- Creating well designed PowerPoint presentations with appropriate content, within the area of assigned activity;
- Booking travel and training, as requested;
- Booking local, interstate and international couriers, as requested, adhering to company guidelines;
- Support hiring managers with the onboarding of new employees, if required;
- Providing effective administrative support and coordination to office functions, events and social activities, as required
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Experience in administration and/or finance role would be advantageous;
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with great attention to detail;
- Strong organisation and time management skills, with the ability to effectively prioritise tasks with conflicting deadlines;
- The ability to independently deliver on tasks and the confidence to ask for help where needed;
- Good stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to effectively engage with people at all levels of seniority;
- Enjoys taking on a wide variety of tasks - no two days are the same;
- Proficient in MS Office tools;
- Great interpersonal skills and excited to contribute to a safe, fun and friendly work environment;
- Current drivers’ licence.
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Ami Jordan: Ami.firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers
All recruitment activities go through our Recruitment & Talent function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resume directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.